Quick Tips Designing Website
Designing a website starts up with the basic idea of creating a web page or pages through various tasks and techniques and finally resulting in building a user-friendly front end application. Web Designing is not just restricted to the look of your web site. Good Web Design begins with your web sites functionality, your audience, and engineering of your site’s framework. Custom software development companies offer a wide range of services which range from designing and development that is covering almost all the fields in the best possible way. Website development companies act in accordance with the Industry certified processes to deliver the best to clients all over the world.
When it comes to website design, extra attention should be paid to every minute detail to make sure it performs optimally to serve its purpose. While designing any software whether working for mobile software development or outsourced and offshore software development, every software development company should be aware of some important rules to be followed while carrying out the website designing process. Here are some important rules or tips to observe to make sure the website performs well.
1. Easy to read – The most important rule in web design is that your web site should be easy to read. You should choose your text and background colors very carefully. You don’t want to use backgrounds that obscure your text or use colors that are hard to read. Dark-colored text on a light-colored background is easier to read than light-colored text on a dark-colored background. Text size should not be too small or too large. Keep the alignment of your main text to the left, not centered.
2. Easy to navigate – All of your hyperlinks should be clear to your visitors. Graphic images, such as buttons or tabs, should be clearly labeled and easy to read. The web graphic designer should select the colors, backgrounds, textures, and special effects on your web graphics very carefully. It is more important that your navigational buttons and tabs be easy to read and understand. Text links should be unique; they should not look the same as any other text in your web pages. You do not want people clicking on your headings because they think the headings are links.
3. Consistency – All graphic images and elements, typefaces, headings, and footers should remain consistent throughout your web site. Consistency in any document, whether it be a report or a set of web pages, project a professional image. Link-colors should be consistent throughout your web pages. Typefaces and background colors, too, should remain the same throughout your site.
4. Content – While it is important that your website looks clean and professional, it is far more important that you concentrate your efforts on the content and promotion. Even if your site has an amazing design, it will not be productive if it lacks content. There needs to be enough content on each page to make visiting it worthwhile. If a page is extremely long, it may be a good idea to break it up into smaller ones.
5. Browser Friendly – Despite what Microsoft would like you to believe, not everybody on the Web uses Internet Explorer on a Windows-based PC. That is why we check our sites in multiple browsers on multiple platforms to make sure everything appears uniformly. It is always best to catch problems ahead of time instead of relying on visitor complaints.
About The Author